Most recent updates are listed first.
* The committee met to discuss the Congregational Meeting held on May 5, 2019.
* We discussed the vote and the reasons for it.
* We also talked about our next steps and our options.
* We will continue to work to complete our task, and ask that you continue to pray for us that all might be done for the good of the church to the glory of God.
* We have narrowed our list of applicants.
* So far we have interviewed four men for the position of pastor.
* We have drafted letters for those whom we are not considering.
* We continue to listen to sermons and examine resumes.
* We ask that you continue to pray for us that God would lead us, that we would show wisdom, and depend upon Him as this work continues.
* We continue to receive applications to fill our Senior Pastor position.
* The committee is reviewing those applications, reading resumes, and listening to sermons.
* We are narrowing down our top candidates.
* We will all listen to the same sermons by each man, and discuss at our next meeting.
* We are also preparing additional questions for each candidate.
* Thank you for your patience and continued prayers.
* Our Church Profile Form as been completed and is posted on the PCA website.
* We have begun receiving cover letters, resumes, and Ministerial Data Forms.
* We have all been reviewing these, and listening to sermons.
* The members of the committee plan to continue delving more deeply into the candidates, keeping in mind what the congregation has communicated regarding the most important priorities regarding our desired pastor.
* We ask that you continue to pray that God would give us wisdom as we continue this important work.
We ask that each person take the survey only once. For those with multiple people in a household, you will need to each take the survey on a different device (computer, phone, tablet, iPad, etc.). Please use the following link to complete the survey: https://goo.gl/XJZZYD
Paper copies will also be available in the narthex at church.
* The committee continued its work on our Church Profile Form, which includes sections on our beliefs, vision, values; the history of Grace PCA, and our current church demographics, as well as what we desire in a pastor.
* The committee completed surveys regarding priorities for the ministerial position, and strengths and experiences desired. We discussed the results, and made plans for a similar congregational survey, whose results will further help to inform the Church Profile Form and solidify what we, as a congregation, desire in our next pastor.
* We will soon have candidate referral forms available for the congregational use. Before submitting a referral form, it is important to speak to the candidate and get his consent.
* Everyone on the committee thanks you for your continued prayers and patience during this process.